The Korean Government Scholarship Program is designed for college graduates who want to pursue a master's or doctorate degree at a Korean University. Scholarships are awarded to 490 candidates from participating countries.
This scholarship program, sponsored by the Korean Government, provides generous benefits, including:
- Round-trip economy-class airfare
- Monthly allowance, research allowance, and relocation allowance
- Language training in Korean for one year
- Full tuition at one of 66 designated universities in Korea for two to three years, depending on the program
- Medical insurance
Candidates must have completed their bachelor's or master's degree by August 31, 2016. Candidates cannot be Korean citizens.
Fifteen applicants are selected from United States citizens who apply through the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in the United States. Of those, three slots are reserved for Korean adoptees.
The application deadline is March 17, 2016.
For more details, see:
- Application Guidelines for the Korean Government Scholarship Program
- Application Forms for the Korean Government Scholarship Program
You may also want to consult the websites for the program: